JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion)
To improve the health of Southeastern Michigan by equipping our faculty, trainees, and member institutions to reduce health disparities as well as promote justice, equity, diversity and inclusion through education, collaborative inter-professional action, and strategic, systemic integration of social and structural determinants of health in practice, research, and advocacy.
For practicing and training physicians to have the tools to enable all people in Southeast Michigan live their healthiest and happiest life by eliminating unjust disparities.
Care of Marginalized Populations
- Faculty development workshop addressing justice, equity, diversity and inclusion, and social/structural determinants of health and antiracism.
- Interprofessional Health Equity symposium.
- Faculty learning community that address Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Landscape Gap Analysis of member institution educational programs addressing healthy equity, social justice, diversity, antiracism, and social/structural determinants of health.
Calls to Action
- SEMCME committees are invited to send 1 committee representative to liaise with the HESJ committee in order to integrate principles and strategies in committee focus areas. Interested committee liaisons should please contact Wendy Jolivet at email@example.com.
- Member Institutions with programs of excellence who are demonstrating a commitment to health equity and social justice should submit their programs/projects/initiatives with pictures, if possible, so that we may highlight and celebrate your work as part of our “Action 4 Health Equity” Campaign. Please submit to Wendy Jolivet at firstname.lastname@example.org.